Looking for the best divorce lawyers in London or in other parts of the UK for you? Needing no-fault divorce advice to protect your financial interests? Check out the following family law firms, divorce solicitors and legal information resources:-
Best Divorce Lawyers in London & Across England
The following are some of the firms of divorce lawyers in England & Wales who could give you with the best advice and legal representation you need for your divorce, child custody arrangements or other family law issues or proceedings:-
- Stowe Family Law – “Stowe Family Law is the largest specialist family law firm in the UK, with offices in locations throughout the UK. We aspire to be the best Family Law Practice in every location we have an office.” http://www.stowefamilylaw.co.uk/
- Vardags – “An elite team of Britain’s best divorce lawyers specialising in high net worth, complex and international divorce cases led by Ayesha Vardag, “Britain’s top divorce lawyer”.” https://vardags.com/
- Family Law London – “Do you need to speak to an expert
Family Lawyer or Divorce Solicitor in London? We can help.” https://www.familylawlondon.co.uk/
- Slater & Gordon – “At Slater and Gordon, our dedicated family law department understands the sensitivities surrounding family life, as well as the complexities of the law that is in place to provide solutions when issues arise.” https://www.slatergordon.co.uk/
- Family Law in Partnership – “Family Law in Partnership is an award-winning team of specialist family lawyers, mediators, arbitrators and family consultants.” https://flip.co.uk/
- Dawson Cornwell – “Having a good family lawyer who really knows what they are doing, can make all the difference to your case. We have been specialising in family law since 1972. We have experienced partners with over 30 years qualification and a team of young, dedicated lawyers.” https://dawsoncornwell.com/
- Mills & Reeve – “We are a top-ranked UK family and children law team committed to achieving the right outcomes for you.” http://www.mills-reeve.com/familylaw/
See also these lists of some of the best family lawyers in England from The Legal 500: London: https://www.legal500.com/c/london/private-client/family ; North West of England: https://www.legal500.com/c/north-west/private-client/family ; South West of England: https://www.legal500.com/c/south-west/private-client/family
More London-Specific Divorce Solicitors / Family Law Firms
- Stowe Family Law – “At Stowe Family Law we focus solely on family law and divorce. We are the UK’s largest specialist family law firm.”
- Vardags – “An elite team of Britain’s best divorce lawyers specialising in high net worth, complex and international divorce cases led by Ayesha Vardag, “Britain’s top divorce lawyer”. “Our lawyers work exclusively on substantial and complex cases. We are best placed to help you if you are, or your partner is, a high net worth individual with family assets greater than £1 million or a family income greater than £150,000 per annum.”
- Brookman Solicitors – “We are a specialist divorce and international divorce family law firm…Legal 500 recently recommended Brookman and their exemplary work, commenting that “the ‘fantastic’ Brookman Solicitors regularly advises on significant multiple prenuptial agreements and multiple leave-to-remove matters”.
- Millner Elledge Divorce Lawyers – “Based in London & Essex, our Solicitors Firm is registered with the Law Society of England & Wales and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and you can expect a high level of professionalism combined with a very competitive price when dealing with your divorce or separation. Our current Divorce fixed fee is £500 plus VAT and Court fees.”
- David du Pré & Co – Family Law Solicitors – “Lower hourly rates by comparison with most solicitors of similar status and level of expertise in the central London area. We have over 40 years divorce law experience.”
- Evalen Law – “We are a client focused family law practice, based in North West London, earning a unique reputation in the legal profession by providing tailored, quality legal advice.”
- Comptons Divorce Lawyers – “Specialist family lawyers providing a free initial telephone consultation. Fixed fee & payment plans available. Our dedicated and experienced team of family lawyers have over 30 years’ experience.”
- Osbornes Law – Osbornes Law has one of the largest and most respected family law teams in London with offices in Camden and Hampstead. The team is led by 7 partners. For over 45 years, the firm has worked to protect and fight for its clients; “Lisa Pepper is an outstanding mediator.”; ‘David Leadercramer has accumulated so much wisdom and stature throughout the years’.
- Fletcher Day – “The team at Fletcher Day are specialist divorce solicitors in London with a combined knowledge of over 80 years of post-qualification experience covering a wide and extremely varied client base. “
For some of the Best Divorce Lawyers in Manchester click here.
And for some of the Top Family & Divorce Lawyers in Birmingham click here.
Top Divorce / Family Lawyers in Scotland – Glasgow & Edinburgh
The following are some of the top firms of divorce solicitors in Scotland who could help you:-
- Brodies LLP – “We are Scotland’s leading team of specialist family lawyers, providing advice on all legal matters relating to relationship breakdown… Areas of Advice: Division of assets on divorce and separation; Specialist advice to business owners and their spouses going through divorce and separation; Child support; Financial support for spouses etc.” Leading divorce lawyers include Shaun George and Lisa Girdwood.
- SKO – “Top ranked for Family Law in the Legal 500 2019: ‘This practice is head and shoulders above the rest in terms of family law in Scotland. Sensible, practical, pragmatic, thoughtful, understanding, empathetic, whilst also superlatively good technically – they are really unrivalled.'” Top divorce solicitors include Robert Gilmour and Rachael Kelsey
- Simplicity Family Law – “At Simplicity Legal, our solicitors work on a fixed fee basis. A fixed fee service ensures that escalating legal fees will not surprise you.” Top divorce lawyers include Emma King
- Complete Clarity Solicitors – “Whether it is Divorce, Financial Separation, Cohabitation Separation, Children, Contact or Child Custody, our family law team in Scotland are on hand to help you.”
- Thompson Family Law – “We are a family run law firm based in Glasgow, with an office in Coatbridge, servicing the whole of Scotland from the Highlands and Islands to the Scottish Borders. Our vision is simple. We want to offer clients a high quality and affordable legal service.”
- Balfour+Manson LLP – “One of Scotland’s longest established and highest regarded law firms…We are a large team with a wealth of experience in all areas of family law.”
See also this list of the best family lawyers in Scotland as per the Legal 500 directory: https://www.legal500.com/c/scotland/private-client/family
Bristol Divorce Lawyers
For some of the top divorce lawyers in Bristol click here.
Family Law Firms in Liverpool
- Berkson Family Law Solicitors – “Calm and effective legal advice at a time when emotions are running high is important for dealing with the immediate challenges you face. Speak to us and get the help you need.”
- Tracey Miller Family Law – “Tracey Miller Family Law are one of the top family law solicitors in Merseyside, and offer a wealth of experience to help you through the breakdown of your relationship and the consequences of that such as divorce, separation, issues involving children, and financial matters. We are also the only Family Law Firm in the North West to offer a 7 Day a week service”
Family Law Firms Thames Valley
- Clifton Ingram – “With one of the largest Family Departments in the Thames Valley we have the specialisation, size and support to provide an effective legal service with a commitment to obtaining a speedy and practical resolution to your problems”
- LGFL – “Bespoke service with City levels of expertise, advice and action, at country law firm costs.”; “Decades of experience and an exceptionally high level of expertise.”
- Blandy & Blandy – “A standout firm of solicitors for Family law in Reading and the Thames Valley”
Family Lawyers in Hertfordshire
- Rayden Solicitors – “Award-winning family law and divorce solicitors with offices in St Albans, Berkhamsted, Beaconsfield and Hampstead”
- Debenhams Ottaway LLP – “Serving clients, families and couples for nearly 200 years; Ranked Tier 1 for Family Law by the Legal 500; Ranked Band 2 for Family/Matrimonial by Chambers & Partners; Law Society accredited for Family Law Advanced”
Divorce Lawyers in other Cities in England & Wales
See also our lists of great divorce lawyers in other parts of England & Wales:-
- Best Divorce Lawyers in Cardiff
- Top Divorce Solicitors Hampshire & Isle of Wight
- Best Divorce Lawyers Surrey & Sussex
- Best Divorce Lawyers Oxfordshire
- Best Divorce Lawyers Southampton & Portsmouth
- Best Divorce Lawyers Liverpool
- Top Family & Divorce Lawyers in Birmingham
- Best Divorce Lawyers Leeds & Bradford, Yorkshire
How UK family lawyers can help you
Family law is a sensitive area, dealing with people’s most personal issues. This can involve divorce and separation proceedings, children’s cases and custody, domestic violence and injunctions as outlined below:-
1: Divorce and separation (including financial issues)
Sometimes relationships do not work out, and it is better to have sound legal advice and representation for your divorce proceedings, for the benefit of everyone involved. Ensure your family lawyer has experience with dealing with financial issues, especially where properties or businesses are involved.
2: Child cases and custody
When a case involves the emotional and difficult matter of a custody battle where the interests of your children need to come first, a specialist family solicitor is essential.
3: Domestic violence and injunctions
Lawyers can help with domestic violence cases which often involve the police and the courts.
Seek advice from an expert, specialist family law solicitor
It is always best to seek professional legal advice from a specialist family law solicitor in such sensitive and personal circumstances. Ideally choose a local family law specialist rather than a general lawyer without family law specialisation.
Separately, for wills, power of attorney or probate legal advice, see our guide here.
Need Help With Your Family Law Problem?
Need a second opinion on your family law problem or want to ask a free question? Get in touch here and we’ll be happy to point you in the right direction.
For Great Family Law Firms you Know
If you know a family law firm that deserves to be listed here, please get in touch here.