Law Firm Website Designs – 10 of the Best
The below are 10 of the best law firm website designs that leading law firm growth consultancy Moore Legal Technology have produced in the past couple of years. While most online marketing agencies are capable of producing great designs, few agencies have the deep legal sector knowledge and expertise to implement what’s required to generate enough new legal enquiries for law firms to really thrive.
Top 4 Tips for an Effective Website Design for your Law Firm
What you need to remember when instructing your new or redesigned law firm website is the following:-
- Keep it simple and don’t make visitors think – people visiting your firm’s site are likely to have a short attention span, particularly if they require a ‘distress purchase’. Make sure you aren’t complicating things even further for them – simple calls to action in prominent positions without clutter can work best.
- Avoid the ‘pretty picture’ delusion – great web design isn’t about pretty pictures. Yes, a picture speaks a thousand words and yes, have professional photos taken is highly recommended when so many of your competitors are willing to settle for stock images, but spending countless hours obsessing over the images on your site isn’t good. There are far more important things like ensuring the following are spot on: user experience (UX), information architecture and presentation of your content.
- Establish trust – is your firm ranked in Legal 500? Chambers? Member of the Law Society? Accredited? Award-winning? Make sure your design incorporates such trust indicators in prominent positions.
- Responsive design is no longer optional – Designing for mobile through great responsive web design is just as important, if not more important, than desktop design for your law firm. Between a third and half of all visitors to your law firm’s site are likely to be viewing and engaging with your site from a smartphone or tablet. Many internet marketing agencies and web design companies will implement a responsive web design for you but not all of them will do a mobile design mock-up as part of the design mock-up process for you to see, ensuring that certain elements are all optimal to be able to convert as many visitors as possible into paying clients.
So with that in mind here are the 10 top law firm site designs (all for UK-based firms) referred to above:-
10 of the Top Law Firm Website Designs UK1. Legal website design for litigation specialists Selachii LLP
2. New Barrister Chambers Legal Site Design – for Bright Line Law, led by Jonathan Fisher QC
3. Solicitors & Estate Agents in Aberdeen & Edinburgh, Scotland – New Legal Site (Upper section of homepage shown)
4. Pre-eminent employment lawyer Gordon Turner’s new practice website (example shows demarcation between legal services for employees and employers, a common feature on employment law firm websites)
5. Award-Winning Criminal Defence Law Firm Lewis Nedas unveiled their new site design in 2016 and have been reaping the rewards with various high profile instructions.
6.a. Family Law Firm Website Design Example – 2017 law firm site design for GE Law in Surrey
6.b. Family Lawyers’ Website Flyout Menu Example – 2017 Design
7.a. Irish law firm web design for some of Dublin’s leading commercial, employment and personal injury lawyers.
7.b. Irish Law Firm Website Design Example – Flyout Menu / Information Architecture Example
8. Legal Landing Page Example (Power of Attorney) – designed for the firm of one of Scotland’s most recognisable solicitors (Austin Lafferty)
9. Corporate / Commercial Law Firm Design for BBM Solicitors
10. Last but not least – this Executry / Probate Lawyer Site Design Example (Homepage above-fold section for Wilson & Fish Solicitors)
So, there you have it – examples of 10 of the best law firm website designs in the UK that Moore Legal Technology have created for its retained law firm clients. As a disclaimer, this site’s editor is also Operations Director at Moore Legal Technology where he and the team have overseen the design, build, optimisation and ongoing development of the above and over 100 other law firm sites over the past several years. If you want to discuss how Moore Legal Technology can help you, with a free analysis of your existing website or plans to build a new one, please visit their website here or send Gavin an email here.